Touchstone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AL MELVILLE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob Cott
Touchstone
Touchstone
Rob Cott

Male Number of posts : 579
Location : Next to large puddle in the fabled land of concrete cows and ye olde roundly-shaped abouts, Blightey
Registration date : 2008-07-31

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AL MELVILLE Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AL MELVILLE   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AL MELVILLE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm

“TOUCHSTONE wish to announce an amicable parting of the ways with drummer, Alasdair Melville.
Al joined the band in January 2007. It has more recently become clear that Al wishes to move into a different creative direction from that being followed by the band.
In a statement Rob said: “ I met Al when we were auditioning and took on Simon Cook as drummer some 5 years ago. I always kept in touch as I recognized a superb raw talent there. When Simon left – I was delighted that Al joined. Since then it has been an absolute honour and a privilege to share the stage and studio with Al , and to see him grow as a drummer in the last three and a half years. We have all had some fun for sure, having toured the UK, been out to the US and produced two cracking albums together. I believe he has a very bright future in the rock world, and look forward to seeing him ascend the drumming heights. Whilst it is with mixed emotions that we make this announcement, Al leaves Touchstone with much love, respect, and support from all it’s band members.”
In a statement Al said: “ Touchstone have been my family, my brothers and sister for a long time now, and moving away from your family is never an easy undertaking. Forty live shows, two albums, two tours and the brilliant friends we have made along the way means that this period of my career is one that I will always cherish. I fully support Touchstone in finding a replacement for me, and in their bright future as one of the best new British progressive rock acts on offer. It is easy to sound false and insincere in these situations, but all fans of Touchstone, whether you've been with us for 10 years or 10 minutes, please rest assured that there is no animosity and we are still the very best of friends. Thank you to Rob, Adam, Moo and Kim, and to our dedicated fans for all your support through good times and bad. See you down the front.”
Rob, Adam, Moo and Kim wish to put on record their sincere gratitude for Al's contribution and they wish him the very best of good fortune in his future musical career. The band are keen to point out that this will in no way impact future band commitments. They also wish to put on record their thanks to Al for offering to cover future gigs if required.
The band will announce further once a replacement has been found.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.touchstonemusic.co.uk

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AL MELVILLE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touchstone :: Touchstone :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: