Touchstone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob Cott
Touchstone
Touchstone
Rob Cott

Male Number of posts : 579
Location : Next to large puddle in the fabled land of concrete cows and ye olde roundly-shaped abouts, Blightey
Registration date : 2008-07-31

THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE! Empty
PostSubject: THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE!   THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:23 am

Sorry we've been so quiet of late. We really have been up to our necks in it on this new album.

Lots of hard work - early mornings/late nights etc -sharing of rehearsal files etc etc.

The good news is that the first step we are good to go for - which is the upload of all the track structures, click and guide tracks and indeed the bulk of my keyboard parts, Cool which I've prepped up in my own home-based studio. Yep - after all that hard work, I'll turn up to the recording studio next Weds pm with an HD which is only slightly bigger than a passport, and off we jolly well go, in readiness for our first day of recording as a band on the 7th February.

Now all I have to do is make sure I don't lose that HD.... affraid

(but yes - I have backed it up - just in case!!!)

I've got to say - it's all getting rather exciting. We've gone for a Country & Western/line dancing vibe for this album, and I must say those check shirts, cowboy hats and general thigh-slapping are really getting us all going. And we're all getting used to chewing straw while we're singing - which is nice.

And if you believed that - then heaven help us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.touchstonemusic.co.uk
Rob Cott
Touchstone
Touchstone
Rob Cott

Location : Next to large puddle in the fabled land of concrete cows and ye olde roundly-shaped abouts, Blightey

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE!   THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 am

Great sesh this morning. Having worked on all the tracks disparately in many respects, we all got together and went through (almost) the whole album, in readiness for Saturday.

Not only were we all mightily chuffed at what we were hearing, but - we also had a right old laugh. Laughing

Only a few bits need a polish, and some nuances need a buff up, but the substance is definitely there. Twisted Evil

And my ears are still ringing - despite wearing *cough* protection....

Next step is agreeing the linkage points on those tracks where I have set up separate projects in my studio to handle each part of the music. Some of what you will eventually hear is simplicity itself. And some most definitely is not! sunny

So Moo and Hodgie are over tomorrow evening to agree that very thing with me in readiness for Wednesday night, when I'm in Upload City (aka Reading).

I never realised Country & Western could have such a jolly swing to it...

Yee.

Hah.

*thigh slap*
Back to top Go down
Rob Cott
Touchstone
Touchstone
Rob Cott

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE!   THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Good trip to the studio in Reading last night.

Pleased to report the 'tracking' was done and dusted; each track set up in the recording software; click tracks constructed; tempo and signature changes done and keys all loaded up.

That's Step 1 - tick in the box. After months of hard slog - it only took two and a half hours to set up. Smiles all round. Smile

And day after tomorrow - we are all in the studio.

Bring it on. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rob Cott
Touchstone
Touchstone
Rob Cott

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE!   THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 am

If anyone wants to track the album recording progress - please sign up as a forum member (it's free!), and you will find a thread called 'Studio Times!' where you can share the ups and down with the band!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE!   THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE NEW ALBUM - A QUICK UPDATE!
Page 1 of 1